Fort Ligonier was constructed in the Fall of 1758 at the site of an Indian village called "Loyalhannon". The fort was stategically located halway between Bedford and Pittsburgh as the "staging area" for the Bristish successful assault on Fort Duquesne. The fort was named to honor Sir John Ligonier, commander-in-chief of the British Army.
This site and its contents are not affiliated, connected,
associated with or authorized by the individual, family,
friends, or trademarked entities utilizing any part or
the subject's entire name. Any official or affiliated
sites that are related to this subject will be hyper
linked below upon submission
and Evisum, Inc. review.